Job description: Full-Time Marketing Assistant, Social Media & Events
Founded in 2008, BootstrapLabs is a leading Venture Capital firm based in Silicon Valley and focused on Applied Artificial Intelligence.
We believe “AI is eating software”, and invest in innovative software companies that create significant value for their users in global markets. Key sectors of interest include Transportation, Logistic, Energy, FinTech, Future of Work, Security, Internet of Things (IoT), HealthTech and others.
BootstrapLabs tracks innovation around the globe and each year connects with over 2,000 founders from 60 countries. Portfolio companies include Prezi, AngelList, Trusted Insight, AEye, Qurious.io, Roger.ai, Vidora, Sibly and many others.
BootstrapLabs also organizes some of the most exclusive Artificial Intelligence events in Silicon Valley, including the BootstrapLabs Applied AI Conference.
We are looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented marketing person for supporting, messaging and executing marketing campaigns. The candidate will be responsible for the execution and creation of events and content, including blog posts.
The marketing person will be building content and managing our brand presence on all social media platforms and owned channels (Website, Applied AI Digest Newsletter, YouTube, etc.)
The successful candidate will work closely with the BootstrapLabs core team, delivering effective campaigns to our AI community, as well as helping the company and our partners to further build brand awareness in the Venture Capital space and across Artificial Intelligence related events.
This is a full-time opportunity based in San Francisco, and can develop into a larger role in the future based on performance.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the company’s social media initiatives, including the development and execution of social media content and campaigns across all social media channels, and emails campaigns.
- Build content (social media / blog) that will resonate with our audience.
- Support the operations of marketing programs for events, and the execution of quarterly AI events, workshops, and the annual Applied AI Conference.
- Execute and manage all end-to-end logistics related to BootstrapLabs` event sponsorships, attendance, and participation including collateral, personnel planning, and logistics.
- Support and execute a calendar for speaking opportunities to drive awareness and brand recognition.
- Identify, prioritize, and act on strategic partnerships; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and persuade senior leaders to pursue potential opportunities.
- US work permit.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Team player – a detail oriented, proactive problem-solver with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly autonomous — ability to drive progress with little involvement from leadership in a fast-moving, unstructured environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience with some of these activities: writing blog posts, social media posts, event descriptions, articles, newsletters, and email promotions.
- Prior marketing experience with proficiency with digital tools such as Google Analytics and G-Suite, Twitter, Mailchimp, WordPress, Eventbrite, Facebook, and others.
Nice to have:
- Interest in Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Venture Capital, and Business
- Demonstrated ability to multitask on a variety of different projects in fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
- Prior experience managing technology related events
BootstrapLabs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Come as you are!