May 14, 2018 : Posting Date
May 25, 2018 : Effective Date
BootstrapLabs respects your privacy. We want to ensure that you get the opportunities, information, content, news, and experiences that are of most interest to you. BootstrapLabs is committed to protecting the privacy of its investors, portfolio companies, community members, employees, contractors, volunteers, and other contacts.
Information We Collect
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the information or support you request. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. BootstrapLabs may collect the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained below:
- Your full name, email address, phone number, job title, and company affiliation, when you contact BootstrapLabs and/or subscribe to one of the services on our website.
- If you decide to register and/or purchase a ticket for one of our events, we or our third-party payment service processors may collect your purchase and payment information.
- If you invest with BootstrapLabs we may also collect your mailing address, Taxpayer Identification (SSN, EIN), or other government-issued identification, investor status, signature, and bank account information.
- Your social media profile information
- Information about the device(s) you use
- Information about service usage
- Authentication data
- Location information
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us
How We Use Your Information
BootstrapLabs uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions. BootstrapLabs uses personal information such as name, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about event participation. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order and may need to share some of this information with credit card clearing houses, and other third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. BootstrapLabs may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new opportunities and developments.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of our website. BootstrapLabs may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of our websites (for example, to facilitate navigation, avoid duplicate data entry, and enhance security).
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event (collectively, “events”.) We may communicate with you about an event hosted or co-sponsored by BootstrapLabs or one of our business associates. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in an event managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to BootstrapLabs may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. BootstrapLabs and its event co-sponsors may contact you after an event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that BootstrapLabs event organizers, co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their event booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
- To update you on relevant BootstrapLabs programs and opportunities. We may communicate with you regarding relevant programs and opportunities available to you, as part of the BootstrapLabs community.
- To get feedback or input from you. In order to deliver services of most interest to our community, we may ask, via email, and/or our website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys, usability studies, focus groups).
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: BootstrapLabs will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store information in locations outside the direct control of BootstrapLabs (for instance, on servers or databases with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our sites or social media channels, such as posting comments on our blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our sites or 3rd party services (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn), or if other users have copied or saved that information. You will need to contact or login into the third party applications, if you want the personal information that was posted to their sites removed. To learn how a third party uses your information, please review their specific privacy policies.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage of data, URLs, company presentations, website metrics, etc.) with our partners. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
Personal data about minors and children
BootstrapLabs does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
Storage and Processing
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, Japan, the European Union and other countries.
Responses to legal requests
BootstrapLabs reserves the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the service.
- If you wish to access or amend any personal data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you may contact us at the address below. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
- You may update, correct or delete your information and preference at any time by contacting us or our third parties services providers.
- Any changes you make will be reflected in active user database instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligation, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the services we offer.
- At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Your European Union privacy rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about or avail yourself of those rights, please send an email to the address below with “GDPR Request” in the subject line. In the email please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to initiation of a request and that BootstrapLabs reserves the right to charge a fee with respect to certain requests. Upon BootstrapLabs’ completion of its review you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or exemptions apply.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with BootstrapLabs is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding BootstrapLabs’ disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by email, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by S.B. 27’s requirements.