Fresh from Witsbits:
This release is particularly cool! You may now install any guest operating system, where ever the server is located. Just select a guest operating system from the list of installation ISO images, or if your favorite or custom operating system is not available, then you can just add it to your custom list of images. We’ve also thrown in a bunch of user interface upgrades and other enhancements with this release.
The reason we’re a bit extra exited about this release is because it’s the last step in making Witsbits completely flexible in regards to VM formats and supported guest operating systems.
You can now:
- launch VMs from the list of pre-configured templates,
- add you own VMs from other hypervisors,
- install guest operating systems from a list of ISOs
- or add an installation ISO for what ever weird operating system you can come to think of.
- your own physical servers, or
- on servers provided by our hosting partners.
|Hit Start on any ISO image (ISOs have a round icon to the left)|
|Give your VM a name and a password and choose where you want to deploy it, then hit Power On|
|The VM starts with the ISO image and now you should click Connect|
|The connect guide pops up and if you connect with VNC you can perform the regular installation procedure for your guest operating system – that’s it, you have a new custom VM|
What if my favorite operating system is not in the list?