Over the next several weeks we’ll be releasing the videos from the sessions from the BootstrapLabs Applied AI Conference 2018. The yearly conference organized by BootstrapLabs, a leading Venture Capital firm focused on Applied AI, that brings together over 800 members of the Artificial Intelligence community for a day of incredible speakers and exciting conversations.
- Dan Faggella, CEO, TechEmergence
- Kevin Hua, Sr. Manager A.I./Machine Learning, Bayer
- Carolina Garcia Rizo, Chief Business Officer, Just Biotherapeutics
During this session, the panelists discussed AI in healthcare, the complexity of all stakeholders in the industry, the ROI impact of AI, and the differences between AI in healthcare startups and Big Pharma.
Some of the key takeaways from the session are:
- AI can be applied to many parts of the healthcare process from drug discovery to design, manufacturing and clinical trials, but the key is to find places where you have good quality, clean data.
- Only one in ten companies leveraging AI in Healthcare meet the requirements to have meaningful impact in the space.
- To convince executives to pull the trigger on these technologies, you need to demonstrate how AI will bring value to different complex stakeholders: hospital management, doctors and nurses, pharmaceutical companies and patients.
About Dan Faggella:
Daniel Faggella is the Founder and CEO at TechEmergence, the only market research and company discovery platform focused exclusively on artificial intelligence and machine learning. Daniel is a serial entrepreneur and has grown and sold two previous companies. He is a graduate of University of Pennsylvania with a masters degree in cognitive science.
About Kevin Hua:
Dr. Kefeng (Kevin) Hua has 20 years of experience working in design and development of AI/Machine Learning applications in healthcare, insurance, banking, retails and manufacturing industries. He is currently a senior manager with the Digital Health Intelligence Group of Bayer, responsible for developing AI/ML applications. Prior to Bayer, he was a machine learning specialist at Deloitte Consulting and a research manager of AI at Center for Advanced Research of PwC. His work in analytics has won the Analytics Leadership Award from IU Kelley School of Business in 2014 and INFORMS Data Mining contest in 2008.
About Carolina Garcia Rizo:
Dr. Garcia-Rizo is the Chief Business Officer of Just Biotherapeutics, an AI-driven platform that brings Antibody-based molecules faster. Carolina has more than 15 years experience in the biopharma and diagnostics industry and worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Roche Molecular, Cepheid, MIT, and Max Planck Institute. Carolina has an MBA from MIT and a Ph.D. in Atomic and Molecular Physics at C.S.I.C., C.N.R.S. and UC Berkeley, where she was Fulbright Scholar.