Partners & Core Team
CEO & Founder and Founding Partner BootstrapLabs Fund
Serial Entrepreneur with track-record with-in Enterprise Software, Internet, Computer Games. Multiple time Startup CEO, CTO. Raised capital from Angels, Private Equity, Investment Banks and VC’s. Been writing code since 10 years of age, and still an awesome developer. Founder of BootstrapLabs that builds disruptive companies with world-class entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley.
Some of his past companies and engagements include:
- Founder of Internet and software consulting companies.
- Founder of ECM sotware company and Data integration/EAI software company.
- Software architecture and project management for major companies like IBM, Orange.
- Angel investor and advisor to Internet, SaaS, software companies.
- Founder, advisor and investor in public Internet and mobile companies.
His focus is on technology related business and Telecom, Internet, Media and Entertainment (TIME) sector in particular. He has experience from startup companies and technology and consulting for some of the major brands.
Founding Partner BootstrapLabs Fund
Swedish tech investor and entrepreneur. Founded his first software startup in 1991. Timo has worked with early stage venture investments, in more than 30 transactions ranging from seed to expansion rounds and he has lead an MBO, as well as worked 2 years on the buy side in London with M&A and Integration of acquired entities in industries ranging from enterprise software, telecom, Internet and mobile.
Timo has worked 4 years at venture capital firms and since 2009, he is Investment Manager at Chalmers Innovation and also serves as CEO of an Angel Investment Fund and board member in several European and Silicon Valley startups.
Partner & Head of Execution Platform
As the Head of the Execution Platform for BootstrapLabs portfolio companies, Ben focus on equity value creation through Execution, Execution and Execution. Key activities include nailing scalable product market fit, accelerating stakeholders feedback loop, pulling-in world class industry experts as advisors, employees or service providers, positioning product and story for market adoption and investor seduction, negotiating and closing funding round and cementing strategic biz dev deal to reinforce exit path.
Born and educated in France, Ben spent most of his professional career abroad and moved to Silicon Valley in 1998. He spent the last 14 years building, advising and coaching technology companies and their management teams. With an extensive network of senior executives at Technology, Media, Entertainment and Communication companies, Ben helped raise over $300M in equity from venture capital, hedge funds and private equity firms and close $5Bn worth of M&A transactions with strategic and financial buyers. He is also a chronic entrepreneur that built valuation, data mining, financial social network and activity matching software companies as co-founder or early team member. Some failed, most got acquired and valuable lessons were learned each time.
Some of the companies he has built, worked with, funded, sold, advised include:
- Technology: Canesta, Equant, Acrobits, Boxfish, Ahhha, Expedia, Microsoft, WitsBits
- Media: Baracoda Media, Flixwagon, BlogTV, Mecanto, SpicyHorse, Idle Games, Mobile Backstage
- Communication: InsideVenture, France Telecom, MyActivityMatch
- Investment Banks: SG Cowen, Lazard, Houlihan Lokey, Wedbush and QuantumWave Capital.
But maybe more importantly, Ben has built an impressive network of top executives and decision makers at some of the worlds most relevant companies in the Technology, Media, Entertainment and Communication space as well as trusted relationships with premier Venture Capital and Private Equity firms including:
- Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo!, Intel, VMWare, Samsung, Cisco, Verizon, AT&T, Blackberry, Warner Brothers, Echostar, Zynga, Disney and many, many more.
- A16z, Accel, Kleiner Perkins, GGV Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Sequoia, LightSpeed, Bessemer, Menlo, Canaan, IVP, TCV and many, many more.
Professional Communication Officer with 10 years experience in communication, manages the BootstrapLabs internal and external communication, and help’s our companies be more effective and targeted in their communication strategies and implementation.